Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Gonzaga University – College Hall
The College Hall Building was first built in 1898, with an addition finished in 1903. College hall was one of the very first buildings built for Gonzaga University and was visited by President Roosevelt in 1903. In 2004, renovations were started on the fourth floor of the administration building. These renovations initiated studies to provide cooling and ventilation as window units had been used previously. Kartchner Engineering performed this study and has spent the last six years implementing a four-pipe fan coil cooling, and heating system for the administration building. Currently 40% of the building is now mechanically cooled and ventilated with plans for the remaining 60% of the building. Great care has been taken to maintain the historical nature of the Gonzaga Administration building.
101 S Stevens
101 S Stevens is the new home of Kartchner Engineering and was restored by Mark and Marianne Kartchner. Due to their efforts, the building is listed on the national and local historic registers. The building was originally built in 1898 as a hotel on the top two floors and retail on the first floor. This project was managed, designed, and constructed by each member of our team, and our team took part in installing the duct work and plumbing fixtures. Now everyone has hands on experience with the challenges that can be presented.
Gonzaga University – Magnuson Theatre
The Magnuson Theatre is part of College Hall and holds over 200 people per performance. Kartchner Engineering designed a mechanical system in early 2011. Creative effort was required to place an 8000 CFM air handler in this building without compromising the historic architecture. Outside air louvers were installed in existing windows high above the campus. The air handler was installed in the upper attic of the theatre to avoid sound issues during performance.
St. Aloysius Church
St. Aloysius church was dedicated October 12, 1911. It has the largest seating capacity among Catholic churches in Spokane, able to accommodate 1,100 worshippers. Kartchner Engineering conducted a study and design for cooling St. Aloysius Church in 2011.
101 S. Stevens Street Suite 201 Spokane, WA 99201
Copyright © 2019 Kartchner Engineering - All Rights Reserved.